The Centre for Writing and Communication (CWC) at Ashoka University is looking for fulltime Writing Tutors for the academic year 2019–20.
CWC works closely with the academic community in Ashoka to develop critical thinking,writing and communication skills. CWC is the largest centre in Ashoka working with all the diverse sections that make the Ashoka community: the entire student body (from the undergraduate to graduate students), faculty, staff and other specialised centres in the university.
CWC conducts one-on-one tutorials, group sessions and workshops that are tailored to specific pedagogic, disciplinary and learning needs. CWC is involved in designing course specific learning material, providing English language support, as well as leading creative workshops which address a range of critical thinking and communication skills. Within Ashoka, CWC also hosts a research platform which encourages scholarly engagement around issues of writing and pedagogy. CWC also collaborates with other institutions of higher learning to conduct workshops on research writing and pedagogy. To know more please see https://ashoka.edu.in/page/CWC...
- A Writing Tutor works under the direct guidance of the Director, CWC. Their responsibilities include: Conducting one-on-one sessions with students, leading group sessions and workshops addressing various aspects of critical thinking, academic writing and communication.
- Designing learning material to address specific pedagogical needs
- Leading collaborations with other institutions of higher learning
- Planning, designing and executing programmes including conferences, research forums and the Summer School.
- Contribute to the daily administrative work and programmes of the CWC: documentation and data management, outreach with students, faculty, and administration, creation of publicity material and maintaining social media presence.
- Working hours: 5 days a week: Monday – Friday