The Education and Public Engagement Programme in the Nature Conservation Foundation (NCF) is seeking a Communications & Outreach Manager to lead a project on outreach about nature through birds.
The overall goal of the project is to spread awareness, enjoyment, and knowledge about birds and their conservation (and through this, nature as a whole) to the public at large. This will be done by facilitating interactions between those already involved in communication about birds; by motivating more people to get involved in this way; and by building bridges to existing online and print media and publishing houses. A special emphasis will be made towards communication in languages other than English. By communication we don't mean only through the written word, but in a variety of creative ways, possibly including art, song, storytelling, multimedia, and more.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for:
- Creating an overall communications plan for the project
- Facilitating interaction and training workshops (eg for artists, journalists, non-English writers)
- Supervising interns/volunteers working towards communication about birds
- Building links to existing media outlets
- Liaising with individual and institutional partners
- Coordinating the production of a variety of communications materials