Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of Junior Research Fellow for the research project sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), statutory body of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (CRG/2022/002338).
Age:- 28 years: (Age relaxation for Female/SC/ST/OBC Physically Handicapped
Candidate as per govt. norms).
Initially the position is for a period of one year. However, it can be extended for two more year based on performance. The post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
Rs.31000.00 + HRA
- First class in M. Tech. in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Bioprocess Engineering/Technology, Chemical Engineering / Technology, Industrial Microbiology OR
- M.Sc. in Industrial/Applied Microbiology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering, Environmental Sciences / technology, Biochemistry with qualification in GATE/NET or National level equivalent examination.
Desirable: Candidates with a strong inclination in research activities which involve biofuel research with expertise in cyanobacteria/microalgae cultivation, molecular biology and handling of bioreactor, gas chromatography analysis, bioprocess scale-up.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications on a plain paper giving detailed information on personal details (Name, permanent and correspondence address, names of father and mother, telephone no. and e‑mail address), educational qualification with marks (starting from High School or equivalent), research experience, and publications if any, via email to the Principal
Investigator Dr. Sanjay Kumar, School of Biochemical Engg., IIT(BHU) Varanasi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email ONLY.
No TA/DA will be paid if called for interview.
- The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communications in this regard will be entertained.
- Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented before the interview for verification.
- Venue of Interview: School of Biochemical Engineering, IIT(BHU) Varanasi-221005 U.P.
- Last date for receiving completed application is MARCH 20, 2023. Please refer to the institute website: www.iitbhu.ac.in/positions_available for updates if any.