Trainee Scientific Writer
Cactizens make an impact. We seek professionals who see differently; who find opportunity where others don’t; and who look within themselves and know that with the right support and team, they can impact the world.
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding knowledge of medical science, medicine, and aptitude for writing into one unique job, the Scientific Writer role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow into an alternative career and make a greater impact on the lives around you that can be as satisfying and rewarding as clinical practice.
As a Scientific Writer in the Publications team you will use scientific expertise to develop high-quality, publication-ready scientific documents (manuscripts, posters,abstracts, slide kits, short communications, etc.) according to client needs under the expert guidance of the ScientificTeam Lead.
- You will use scientific expertise to develop standard medical responses or medical information letters for physician and healthcare providers globally according to client needs under the expert guidance of the Scientific Team Lead.
- You will act as a document specialist, provide intellectual input across document types, and contribute to making cutting-edge research accessible to specific audiences as appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments across therapeutic areas or disciplines.
- You will work with international pharmaceutical clients write about cutting-edge treatments from the top global pharmaceutical companies and thus contribute to clinical medicine and patient care.
- You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors and key opinion leaders on critical therapeutic area issues.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with team members, authors/faculty, clients, and vendors
- Attend workshops/seminars/Training to hone your skills and contribute to organizational objectives.
Ph.D (Pharmacology) OR Ph.D. (Life Sciences)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Publication experience, preferably as the first author on papers published in medical journals. Prior writing experience would be anadded advantage.
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills.
- Basic knowledge of Biostatistics.
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines.
- Flair to come to speed quickly on therapy areas.
- A strong passion to excel and grow.
Please click on this link to apply: https://career10.successfactor… and for more information click here.