Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in a field of natural sciences;
- Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than Mexico);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Mexico or any developed country;
- Be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Mexico) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from the Mexican institution recognized by CONACYT (see sample Acceptance Letter, page 5). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to CONACYT; a sample Acceptance Letter is included in the application form which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of the page.
- Prove knowledge of Spanish or provide a certificate of proficiency in English (if these languages are not the candidate’s mother tongue).