Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is looking for an appointment of Science communication and Outreach Officer on a Contract basis
Roles & Responsibilities
NCBS carries out cutting edge research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of single molecules to ecosystems. We are looking for a Science communication and Outreach Officer to showcase the science carried out on our campus. The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the following activities:
- Showcase ongoing research through writing and editing articles or short summaries for diverse audiences
- Managing content on the NCBS news website, and monitoring impact
- Monitoring feedback and incorporating improvements in existing programmes
- Assist with preparing Institutional reports and presentations
- Produce Interviews of internal and external scientists showcasing them and their science.
- Working with freelancers for writing, illustration or produce other media.