Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India engaged in advanced research invites applications from Indian nationals for Ph.D. programs in the following research areas:
1. Cancer Biology
2. Infectious Disease Biology
3. Plant & Microbial Biotechnology
4. Interdisciplinary Areas (Human Genetics, Bioinformatics, Clinical Proteomics and Regenerative Medicine)
The name of the faculties who are interested in taking students through regular Ph.D. program of ILS or through their extra mural projects are listed below under the respective research areas. The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpagefor detailed information regarding the research activities of the respective faculties.
1. Cancer Biology: Dr. Sandip Mishra, Dr. Soumen Chakraborty, Dr. Santosh Chauhan, Dr. Shantibhusan Senapati, Dr. Rajeeb Swain, Dr. Vivek Rai, Dr. Amaresh Panda
2. Infectious Disease Biology: Dr. D.V. Singh, Dr. Satish Devadas, Dr. Narottam Acharya, Dr. Dileep Vasudevan, Dr. T.K. Beuria, Dr. Arun Nagaraj
3. Plant & Microbial Biotechnology: Dr. Ajay Parida, Dr. N. Dey
4. Interdisciplinary Areas: Dr. P.V. Ramchander (Human Genetics), Dr. Anshuman Dixit (Bioinformatics), Dr. Amol Suryawanshi (Clinical Proteomics), Dr. Mamoni Dash (Regenerative Medicine)
The fellowship and other emoluments will be as per the guidelines of the funding agencies — SERB/DST/DBT/CSIR/ICMR and as revised from time to time.
Candidates should have passed their M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in life sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/Biophysics/Chemistry/Microbiology, etc.) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade point). Programming/scripting experience would be a plus for candidates interested in Bioinformatics. Candidates awaiting final results may also apply, however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the date of the interview, failing which they will not be interviewed. Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF or DBT-JRF or DBT-BINC-JRF or UGC-RGNF or ICMR-JRF or DST-INSPIRE or GATE or GPAT. If the original certificate is not available, the candidate has to provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application.
Interested and eligible candidates may fill-up the prescribed application form as available in ILS website (www.ils.res.in). Duly filled-up application along with self-attested copies of all relevant certificates and demand draft should be send to the “Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023”. The application should reach the Institute on or before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. The envelope should be superscribed with “Application for Ph.D. Program in 1) Cancer Biology 2) Infectious Disease Biology 3) Plant & Microbial Biotechnology
or 4) Interdisciplinary Areas”. Candidates must mention clearly ONE of the research areas for which they are applying.
Candidates interested to apply for more than one research area should send separate applications for each research area, with separate fees. List of candidates selected for the interview will be published in the Institute website (www.ils.res.in).
Application to ILS-Ph.D. program does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. Director, ILS reserves the right to withdraw the procedure without assigning any reasons thereof.
1. Last date of receiving applications: 4th May, 2018.
2. Date of display of short-listed candidates and instructions in the Institute website: 14th May, 2018.
3. Tentative date of interview: 18th — 20th June, 2018. The final date of interview will be confirmed when the list of short-listed candidates gets displayed in ILS website.
For more information click here.