The candidate will be a part of CWS’ Public Health and Safety Program — Wild Surakshe. The program aims to build resilience and train a collaborative network of people and organisations to improve responses towards human-wildlife conflict situations and the spread of zoonotic diseases. The primary objective of the candidate will be to provide oversight, management and support to the field teams working on public health and safety under the Wild Surakshe program. The candidate will be leading a team tasked with conducting public health and safety training workshops to rural and remote communities. They will also liaise with community leaders, frontline staff and governmental agencies.
- Assistance in drafting reports, popular articles, and proposals.
- Travel and stay in remote locations in Tamil Nadu.
- Training new field team members.
- Supporting the field and research teams in data collection, entry and organization.
- Conducting field surveys and participant interviews.
- Handling project finances and logistical support.
- Managing a team of field staff and resources.
- Conducting workshops on public health and training.
- Liaising with field, medical, and scientific research teams, and governmental. departments