SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship
Science and Engineering Research Board
The SERB-National Post Doctoral Fellowship ( N‑PDF) is aimed to identify motivated young researchers and provide them support for doing research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows will work under a mentor, and it is hoped that this training will provide them a platform to develop as an independent researcher.
- The applicant should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering or M.D or M.S degree in any area of medicine.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University, not before two years from the date of application. Those who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they are awarded the eligible degree.
How to apply online:
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicants should first register into the online website click here to register
- After log-in, applicants are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Details including Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters) should be provided online at the time of submission of the application.
- Work Methodology and Research plan has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 3 pages (max 10 MB).
Complete guideline for Principal Investigator for SERB-online system
Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
- Bio-data (under user profile section) Download Template
- Age Proof Certificate
- Qualification Degree/Thesis Submission Certificate
- Caste Proof Certificate (in case of Age Relaxation)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant Download Template
- Endorsement Certificate from the Mentor & Host Institute Download Template
- Reprints of your two best publications