DAAD Bilateral Exchange of Academics
Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst German Academic Exchange Service
To improve international relations and bilateral research cooperation’s between German and foreign universities, the DAAD supports exchanges of scientists and academics from partner countries. The basis of these exchanges are cultural exchange programmes and bilateral agreements with foreign partner organisations.
Please note: this programme supports exchanges between scientists and researchers from Germany and its partner countries. Funding is available when German researchers also apply for a research fellowship at the same time.
Foreign academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country can apply.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to your proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language (to be uploaded with the corresponding documents)
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal.
For more details click here.