Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship
Science and Engineering Research Board
Application for support to undertake research training during the doctoral research in Overseas Universities on a competitive mode is sought from eligible researchers.
- To build national capacity in frontier areas of Science and Engineering, which are of interest to India by providing research training to PhD students admitted in the Indian institutions in overseas universities / institutions of repute.
- To provide opportunity to performing Indian research students to gain exposure and access to top class research facilities in academia and labs in specific Overseas Universities.
- To create opportunities to build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations with accomplished scientists and technologists from around the world.
- To tap the expertise gained by these young scientists to strengthen/initiate national programmes in their domain knowledge.
- The scheme is open to Indian nationals only.
- The applicant should have registered for full-time Ph.D. Degree in any of the recognized Institutions / Universities in India in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (including Medicine, Pharma, Agriculture and related S&T areas) disciplines.
- Part-time and sponsored students are not considered under the Program. Also students who have submitted their thesis for award of the Degree of Ph.D. are not eligible to apply.
Applications are invited from Ph.D. students to work with Overseas Institutions who had signed an Agreement / MoU with SERB for student mobility.
The selection would be made among students who obtained an offer letter from overseas institution to carry out research in chosen areas of interest to India. The applicants who intend to undertake research visit to the following Universities with whom SERB had signed MoU should apply directly to the University.
For more details click here