International Travel Support (ITS) Scheme provides financial assistance to Indian researchers for presenting a research paper in an international scientific event (conference, seminar, workshop etc.) held abroad. In addition, support is also provided to young scientists (age limit below 35 years as on date of start of the event) for attending training programmes, Short-term schools and Workshops. Economy class air-fare by shortest route, airport-tax and visa fees are provided under the scheme.
Registration fee as per actual or Rs. 50,000/- whichever is less will be provided to young scientist (Age< 35 on the date of start of event) in addition to the above support. Applications can be submitted within the window of 60 – 90 days in advance from the date of start of the event. The system will not accept early or late submission of applications. However, applicant who has already submitted a proposal will not be eligible to apply again within next 90 days from the date of submission of the first application.
- Applicant should be an active Indian researcher engaged in R&D work in recognized academic institutions or research laboratories in India.
- The applicant should have an invitation for presenting an original scientific paper. Similar invitation is required in the case of young scientists attending training programmes such as short term courses, summer/winter schools, workshop etc.
- The applicant should not have availed financial assistance under this Scheme during the last three years.
- The scientific event should be of an international character. Invitation of personal nature such as for carrying out post-doctoral work, informal training programmes/courses, internship, observer-ship etc. will not be eligible for support.
- Applicant must have obtained Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in professional courses from a recognized University by the time of submission of application.