The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is looking to appoint a Manager, Academic meetings and Events on a contractual basis. NCBS carries out cutting-edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical research to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. NCBS has catalyzed several interdisciplinary, novel, collaborative initiatives of relevance to the country. Such catalysis begins with inter-institutional meetings, discussions and brainstorming sessions, training workshops etc. We are looking for a dynamic person to lead this effort to continue the centre’s longstanding tradition of fostering cutting-edge and interdisciplinary and collaborative scientific activity to enhance scientific culture for the Indian community at large.
Roles and responsibilities
- Interacting with the director, deans and faculty and liaising with external agencies/institutions to organize short meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions. Ensuring smooth logistics including permitting logistics of international visitors.
- Follow through of such meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions to initiate concrete programs, MoU and other outcomes.
- Facilitating/writing relevant proposals for funding such interactions, including from government, philanthropy and international sources
- Supervising interactions and ensuring positive experiences for invited visitors and participants
- Supervising and ensuring smooth execution of meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions and workshops in and off campus
- Monitoring feedback and incorporating improvements in the existing programme
- Extensive interfacing with the director, deans, faculty, communications office and other on-campus offices
- Co-ordinating meetings coverage, internal reporting and grant reporting
- The position will be based in the NCBS director’s office
The appointment to the posts shall be made on a contract basis initially for a period of six (6) months from the date of joining. The tenure may be extended further up to One (1) year depending upon the performance & requirement.
Salary will be commensurate based on experience, skills, education etc.
PhD degree in science, preferably biological sciences
- Minimum/up to 2 years of experience in science writing/academic management and/or organizing workshops and meetings
- Experience with institutional engagement
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Experience in writing proposals
- Knowledge of using analytical tools to assess the quality of the meeting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (in English), with proven ability to write and copy-edit different types of content for a diverse audience
- Interest and understanding of frontier areas of biological sciences
- Ability to work independently as well as supervise and motivate a team
- Excellent organizational, timekeeping and prioritization skills
- Capacity to manage different projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with technology and ability to use all relevant software including those for online meetings
Skills & experiences required (Desirable):
- Some teaching experience and/or event management experience
- Experience creating novel inter-institutional programs
- Experience with the process of research and appreciation of the role of science networking
- Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
- You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
- Using your ID and password you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
- Once you fill in the application you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
- After you SAVE, you can submit the application by clicking “SUBMIT”.
- All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. Should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
For more details click here