Project Scientist I
Applications are invited for the post of Project Scientist I to work on exciting projects related to understanding the mechanisms of virus inhibition pertaining to vaccine responses and small molecule inhibitors.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work, independently or together with colleagues.
- Responsible for carrying out as well as supervising laboratory tests such as virus neutralization, virus titre determination, and RT-PCR to produce reliable and reproducible data.
- Given the nature work, need to work with care with infectious agents and following appropriate biosafety regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring availability of all paper and electronic records etc. Submitting weekly reports to one’s reporting authority.
- Design, validate, document and troubleshoot laboratory experiments.
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting data using appropriate statistical methods.
- Keep updating on the virology of SARS-CoV‑2 especially the evolution of the newer strains.
- Maintaining strict adherence to timeliness / punctuality scheduled in advance.
- Provide timely and professional reports to clients
₹ 56,000 + 24% HRA
Doctoral Degree in Science or Master Degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
PhD in biological sciences, preferably infection biology.
- Prior experience in infectious disease, either virology or immunology experience in working with pathogenic micro-organisms (BSL‑2, BSL‑3) is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required with exceptional organizational skills.
- Knowledge in use of personal computers and its applications.
Interested applicants should apply online in the portal. The following documents should be uploaded along with the application as a single PDF:
- CV (with the names and contact details of at least two scientific referees)
- Cover letter and a statement of research interest (~400 words).
Any issues while applying may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview which may comprise multiple rounds to assess the candidate’s fit for the position.
Note: No selection will be made if suitable candidates are not identified.