Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology invites application from eligible candidates to recruit Principal Scientist in the Coastal and Marine Ecology Division of the Institute
- To Implement and Manage the projects, to Lead and Manage the Division in preparation of Project reports, Proposals, conversant with the funding agencies and clients, Strengthening the Division in line with the Institute’s mandate and to work for its overall development.
- To work in a team with an exceptional ability to take efforts in raising funds from International, National, State, Local and private sources through Research, Developmental and Consultancy Projects.
- To contribute in publications in the form of Research papers/Books/Book chapters and to be conversant in statistical tools related to Ecology and Biodiversity data.
- Candidate must have a strong language skill in Hindi and English. Proficiency in Gujarati language will be an advantage.
Age Limit: Maximum age limit is 50 years on the date of Application.
Rs.70000 – 2000-86000 – 3000-98000
An eminent scholar having Leadership and Management skills with Ph.D. in Marine Biology/Marine Science/Zoology/Aquatic Biology/Environmental Science from a recognized University with a minimum experience of Fifteen years after Ph.D and who can demonstrate high level of technical proficiency and proven track records in few or more areas related to Coastal and Marine Ecology and Biodiversity, Marine Environmental Monitoring and Ecological assessments, Marine Environmental Impact Assessment and Preparation of Management Plan, Aquaculture, Mangrove and Mudflat Conservation and Ecology and Marine Ecosystems. The candidate is expected to have a minimum of 15 publications in SCI/Scopus journals /books/book chapters/policy papers.
Interested and eligible candidates shall submit their Application Form as per the format given in https://gujaratdesertecology.c… along with the Resume, attested copies of documents pertaining to Educational Qualification, Achievements, Publications and Experience. Applications not in the prescribed format will be summarily rejected. The last date for acceptance of application is 21.05.2023. They have extended it for one more week.
Applications shall be submitted to, The Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Director, Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology, P.B. No. 83, Mundra Road, Bhuj, Dist: Kachchh, Gujarat-370001.
- Candidates should provide contact details of 3 referees in the application form with whom they have worked in the last 5 years.
- Date, Time and venue of the interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates only and No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
- The candidates must produce all original certificates at the time of interview.