Faculty Positions: Climate Change Mitigation and Development
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is seeking to fill two faculty positions for its interdisciplinary research programme on Climate Change Mitigation and Development.
The programme focuses on building an interdisciplinary understanding of the challenges to and solutions for achieving low-carbon, local environment-friendly and equitable development in India and south Asia. This includes (but is not limited to) such issues as:
- renewable energy generation and energy access
- transportation, GHG reduction and local air quality improvement
- urbanization, industrialization and their environmental footprints and drivers
- cross-cutting questions of behavioural change, drivers of consumption and efficiency, and environmental governance in the above contexts
The applicant may have a background in any area of engineering, urban planning, environmental science, economics, public policy, political science, development studies, and allied disciplines relevant to the above.
Salaries at ATREE are competitive and at par with the IITs/IISc.
- PhD from a reputed university and at least two years of post-PhD research experience (or equivalent pre-PhD work experience) in Energy Studies, Engineering, Environmental Science, Economics, Urban Planning, Geography, Public Policy or related fields
- Strong publication record related to the area of research
- Strong motivation towards interdisciplinary problem-solving and policy-/action-relevant research
- Understanding of the key issues in and challenges facing climate research in developing countries
- Ability to work in a team and to build teams
- Ability to contribute to the ATREE PhD programme in Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies and/or ATREE’s policy outreach efforts
- Demonstrated ability to obtain research grants
- Prior teaching experience
Interested candidates should first contact the Programme Leader, Dr.Sharachchandra Lele (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their CV to explore their fit with the programme. This email should be cc-ed to email@example.com.
When they are requested to submit a full application, they should email their CV, names and contact information of three references, a concise and clear proposal (five pages) and a letter describing their professional goals and interests to the following address, with a Cc to Dr. Lele.