Faculty Position: Forests & Governance
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is seeking to fill one faculty position in its programme on Forests & Governance. The programme seeks to recruit a social scientist with an interdisciplinary inclination to pursue applied research on questions of forest-based livelihoods, rural development, and/or forest institutions and governance.
Salaries at ATREE are competitive and at par with the IITs/IISc
- PhD from a reputed university and at least two years of post-PhD research experience (or equivalent pre-PhD work experience) in Political Science, Development Studies, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Political Ecology, Geography or related fields.
- Strong publication record related to the area of research
- Strong motivation towards interdisciplinary problem-solving and policy-/action-relevant research
- Ability to work in a team and to build research teams
- Ability to contribute to the ATREE PhD programme in Conservation Science and Sustainability Studies and/or ATREE’s policy outreach efforts
- Demonstrated ability to obtain research grants
- Prior teaching experience
Interested candidates should email their CV, names and contact information of three references, a concise statement (<5pages) of research to be carried out over the next five years, and a letter describing their professional goals and interests. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed. Mails and queries should be addressed to:
The HR Officer Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment
Royal Enclave, Srirampura, Jakkur P.O. Bangalore 560 064. Tel: +91 (80) 2363 – 5555, Fax: 2353 – 0070
For more information click here.