RESEARCH ASSOCIATE/ PROJECT ASSISTANT
A research associate/project assistant position is available in the project funded by the Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability, Ashoka University. The project broadly aims at understanding how emerging infections with the changing climate in pollinator communities might shape the dynamics of plant-pollinator-pathogen network, with strong implications to One Health encompassing diverse ecosystems and species interactions therein, including in human habitats. The work will include a combination of laboratory and fieldwork. The researcher hired for this position will work with multiple faculty members (Dr. Imroze Khan and Dr. Shivani Krishna) and graduate students. We are looking for someone who should be able to start as early as December 2022/January 2023.
The position is available for up to 1 year. The initial appointment will be made for a period of six months, extendable upon satisfactory performance.
Salary is commensurable to prior experience
- A master’s degree in any basic science discipline, including biology, chemistry, physics.
- Qualification of National Eligibility Tests such as CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, GATE is desirable.
- Experience in basic molecular biology techniques (DNA extraction, PCR) is a must.
- Experience/interest in fieldwork involving plants or invertebrates is desired.
- Experience/interest in bioinformatics analyses (e.g., metagenomics) is desired.
Selection will be conducted in two stages where applications will first go through an initial screening, followed by an online interview by a panel of scientists at Ashoka university. The decision will be made based on the recommendations of the interview panel.
To apply, please send your (1) cv, (2) a brief statement of research interests (3) contact details of two referees (email and contact number) to email@example.com, with the email subject line as “Application for Research Associate position”.
Application deadline is November 30, 2022