SERB International Research Experience (SIRE)
Science and Engineering Research Board
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has launched “SERB International Research Experience (SIRE)”.
This Program aims to impart high-end research training in frontier areas of Science and Technology, which are of interest to India by providing opportunity to visit leading institutions/universities across the globe for a period of 02 – 06 months. The applicant should have Ph.D. degree in the area of Science and Engineering from recognized institutions in India. The applicant holding a permanent position in any Indian research institution would be eligible to apply. The age limit for applying under this scheme shall be 40 years. Age relaxation will be given as per GoI norms in respect of SC/ST/OBC/physically challenged and women candidates. SERB under this program selects candidates in frontier areas of S & T and supports their visit to top institutions around the globe, preferably to the institutions where internationally acclaimed scientists are working. The applicant should himself/herself correspond with the proposed host institution for their visit under this program. The candidate should also submit a letter of approval of research plan from the host.
- The scheme is open to Indian nationals only.
- Applicant must submit a letter of support from the overseas host institution along with application.
- The age limit for applying under this scheme shall be 40 years (as on date of submission of application). Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/physically challenged and women categories.
Applicant should have Ph.D. degree in the area of Science and Engineering from recognized institutions in India. The applicant must hold a permanent position in any Indian research and academic institution.
The selection would be made among faculties who gained approval of research plan from overseas institutions. The Board will constitute a selection committee to select the candidates.
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant should first register into the online website. click here to register.
- After successful registration, user will be sent a confirmation mail on registered emaiID. User must click on the url provided in the mail to confirm registration.
- After log-in, applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Details like Qualification, Research Experience, Fellowships (if any), Employment, Patent(if any), Publications(if any) , Projects(if any), Research Collaborations(if any) have to be provided.
- Some of the details of your proposed work like Title (max 500 characters), Keywords (max 6), Expected output and outcome (max 1500 characters) and Tentative dates of visit etc. have to be entered at the time of submission.
- Research Plan has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB. Download Template
For more details click here