Synergistic Training Program Utilizing Scientific and Technological Infrastructure (STUTI)’ program
Official Website →
Banaras Hindu University are pleased to inform you that the Department of Science & Technology (DST) under the celebration of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ is going to organize nation wide ‘Synergistic Training Program Utilizing Scientific and Technological Infrastructure (STUTI)’ program of the R&D infrastructure Division. Amity University Group is the co-organizer in the entire program.
The STUTI program envisions hands-on training and sensitization of the state-of-the-art equipment as well as towards sharing while ensuring transparent access to S&T facilities. It also aims at capacity building through training modules and optimal usage of sophisticated facilities created by GOI (DST) over the years at specific and competent locations like SATHI-BHU. We are organizing the training program from 24th Nov to 30th Nov 2022 on IRMS, NMR 600 with Solid state, Fuel Cell, Solar Simulator and Electrochemical workstation
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR) Spectroscopy –
The participants will experience hands-on training on handling of the Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR) Spectroscopy — With the development of powerful superconducting magnets, fast Fourier transform technique and computerization, NMR is now routinely used by chemists as well as biologist to solve the structures of molecules. The program is intended for PH.D. and Post-Doc students in chemistry and biology, young faculty members of colleges/university departments and research scholars in chemistry/biology who use NMR in their research and in their course.
The schedule will consist of a lecture to start each day followed by hands-on learning sessions where participants will get the opportunity to collect and process NMR data. Experts from NMR will lead the lectures.
This program focuses on the theory, instrumentation and applications of NMR starting from fundamentals to advanced levels and provides valuable experience to participants.
The participants will learn about the followings:
- How an NMR spectrometer works
- NMR Magnet Safety
- Preparation of NMR Samples
- Set up of 1D 1H and 13C NMR Experiments
- Processing and Presentation of NMR Data
High Resolution – Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (HR-IRMS) –
High Resolution – Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (HR-IRMS) facility at SATHI-BHU is equipped with multiple peripherals which include Dual Inlet, Gas Bench, Gas Chromatography, Flash Elemental Analyzer, and Femto-Laser System. After completing the training program, participants are expected to:
- Acquire good knowledge and deep understanding of the basic principle, working, and applications of HR-IRMS.
- Learn the operational procedure for analysis of stable isotopes (C, N, O & H) for tracking of the physical, chemical, and biological reactions of diverse fields.
- Understand the utility of HR-IRMS for analyzing samples from diverse fields of Earth Sciences, biological sciences, food sciences etc.
- Understand the well-established procedure to identify the sources of the groundwater, aquifer recharge, and discharge.
- Understand some of the industrial applications such as identifying adulteration in food and aroma industries.
Solar Simulator, Fuel Cell and Electrochemical Systems –
- Solar Cell, Fuel Cell Electrochemical Workstation Instrument understanding Its application in electrochemical studies related to Solar Cell / Fuel Cell, Battery & Super capacitor etc.
- Learn the operational procedure for analysis of IV curve.
- Learn the operational procedure for analysis of Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technique for the characterization of electrochemical systems.
- Learn the operational procedure for analysis of Cyclic Voltammetry.
The objective of the training program is to acquaint the researchers / teachers with the know how of sophisticated state-of-the-art instruments along with basics of magnetic resonance and expose them to the state-of-the-art NMR Spectroscopy, High Resolution – Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (HR-IRMS), Solar Simulator, Fuel Cell and Electrochemical related studies with thier applications. During this training program, attendees will have the opportunity to visit Banars Hindu University (BHU) which harbour most advanced and sophisticated state-of-the-art instruments. Additionally, the attendees will have an opportunity to closely interact with eminent scientists from this field.
OBJECTIVE OF PROGRAMME
To build human resource and its knowledge capacity through open access to S & T Infrastructure across the country through hands-on training programs by:
- Organising short term courses.
- Enhancing awareness of use and application of state-of-the-art equipment’s.
- Sharing while ensuring transparent access of S&T facilities funded by DST
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The training is organized to enhance the practical skills of Post Graduate Students, Research Scholars, Faculty Members from Universities/Colleges, Scientists, and Post-Doctoral Researchers who are working in multidisciplinary/transdisciplinary and translational research in various organizations.
a. Person of Indian origin.
b. Minimum qualification – Post Graduate (Science/Technology)
c. Teaching faculty up to the level of Assistant Professor / Associate Professor/Scientist C / Post-Doctoral Fellows/Ph.D. Students with 3 years of experience/Industry persons who are actively involved in research and development
d. All the applicants are required to provide following essential details,
I. A write up of 200 words about candidate’s ongoing research program.
II. How the proposed training (NMR) Spectroscopy, (HR-IRMS) and Solar Simulator, Fuel Cell and Electrochemical System will enable the participant in his ongoing or future research program.
III. Publication if any reflecting use of referred equipment by the applicant.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Discover state of the art R&D infrastructure and facilities funded by DST and held by various R&D institutions / Universities in the country.
- Gain hands-on experience of research through latest S&T equipment and facilities.
- Design experiments by selecting appropriate/alternate equipment for the various experiments.
Connect with the R&D Organizations / Universities / Private Sector facilities / Start-ups/ MSMEs involved in research & development.
COST OF THE PROGRAM
This training is sponsored by DST STUTI program and registration is free.
For domestic travel of participants and faculty, the reimbursement for third class A/C train ticket or Deluxe Bus (only for outstation candidates/faculty) will be provided.
Depending upon the availability in the Amity University, accommodation would be provided on single/double occupancy basis.
Accommodation request should be made at least 10 days before the commencement of the training program.
Participants are required to apply for the training program online at https://aitd.amity.edu/dst-stu…; or scan the QR code provided at the end. The application deadline is October 14, 2022.
SELECTION OF THE PARTICIPANTS
The applications will be scrutinized by the STUTI training program selection committee and the decision of the committee will be final. Selected candidates will be informed through e‑mail. The seats in the training program are limited.