British Council in collaboration with Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune through Newton Bhabha Fund is organising Workshop for Women in Science. The aim of the workshop is to open up new avenues to retain trained women in science by targeting those who are making a transition from education to scientific careers. These workshops are funded under Newton Bhabha Fund and plan to generate a workforce to take on emerging roles in the growing scientific enterprise and to raise awareness about allied career options in STEM.
- Applications Open – Apply now to attend 2017 – 18 workshops.
- Deadline for accepting applications: 28th September 2017
Orientation Session (Open to All)
On November 13, 2017, one day prior to the workshop, there will be an Orientation Session on Careers in Science Journalism with speakers from India working in related areas. This session will be free and open to everyone.
- Date: November 13, 2017
- Venue: IISER Pune
- Eligibility for the Orientation Session: Open to All
The workshop will capacity build women scientists by training them in the area of Science Journalism. The workshop will be at two levels. The first level of the workshop will be for selected participant and will involve in-depth discussions and assignments. Some of the participants who would qualify for the second level will have the opportunity to attend the advanced level of the workshop.
Applications are invited from women with MSc degree or pursuing PhD/Post-doc. Those who fulfill any of these criteria and are already employed in a scientific organisation may apply too. Upper age limit is 40 years.
Key dates, Venue and Registration:
- Level 1: November – 14 to 17, 2017
- Level 2: January 8 – 9, 2018
- Venue: IISER Pune
- Registration: All registered participants are expected to commit four full days to attend the workshop and be actively involved in all discussions and assignments. Interested teachers are requested to register and submit their applications. The college is expected to support the participants in this activity. To register: please click here
- Last date: September 28, 2017
There is no registration fee. Accommodation (for outstation participants) and boarding, would be provided free of cost. Participants will have to make their own arrangements for travel
For any Query and Clarification please contact:
For more details click here.