The University invites applications from highly motivated bright candidates with interests and skills in laboratory management for working on the position of Scientific Officer.
Provide support to the Team leader in managing the Centre of Excellence in the Epigenetics laboratory, Overseeing day-to-day research activities and conducting research projects, Writing reports and keeping records, and Ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Conducting experimental research and data analysis as per the mandate of the Center.
- Developing workflow for other researchers in the unit.
- Lab practice organization for new incoming students and researchers.
- Assisting the team leader in writing progress reports and their timely submission to funding agencies.
- Management of data and record archives.
- Supervising the management and disposal of lab waste material.
- Maintaining service schedules for equipment in the lab along with the laboratory assistant.
- Coordinate with suppliers to implement cost-effective solutions.
- Testing new techniques to keep an efficient, cost saving and productive lab.
- Constant communication with stakeholders to ensure efficient workflow.
- Lookout for new equipment, technologies, and chemicals for new innovations.
- Maintaining animal and human tissue, and cryopreservation with ethical approvals
Coordinating all biosafety and ethics committee regulatory approvals and maintaining the necessary records.
- Any other lab or research related work assigned by the Reporting Manager.