The Associate Head reports to the Head of the Office of Technology Transfer [OTT]/CEO & Director, C‑CAMP. S(he) will work towards building the long-term vision of OTT. The candidate will work towards implementation of NBM funded programme and reach different levels as part of his/her core functions. S(he) shall work in close cooperation with the rest of the OTT team to achieve this objective. The ideal candidate will have established experience in handling of IP matters/commercialization of innovations, particularly life sciences and will have strong connections with industry.
Substantial business experience, and familiarity with contracts and material transfer agreements, term sheet and license agreements would be a plus, as would experience in negotiation, fostering strategic relationships with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and industry partners. The job entails 30 – 40 % of travel within the country.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate technologies for IP protection, advisory, market assessment and commercialization.
- Implement protection/commercialization strategies and business plans for the technologies.
- Engage with industry for uptake of the technologies for licensing or collaborative development.
- Participate in outreach events to promote OTT;
- Sensitize individuals, researchers, students, institutes, start-up companies on technology transfer and commercialization.
- Co-manage the team along with Head of OTT/CEO & Director, C‑CAMP, build their strength/capabilities along with providing suitable opportunities.
- Ensure sustainability of OTT by periodically assessing the situation and taking suitable measures.
- Additional duties as assigned.