Biology Education Research Fellow
Azim Premji University invites applications for a Biology Education Research Fellow. The position open is in the School of Arts and Science of the University. Azim Premji University exists to make significant contributions through education towards the building of a just, equitable, humane and sustainable society. This is an explicit commitment to the idea that education contributes to social change.
Candidates who have a strong interest in education at the undergraduate level and a broad expertise in biology will work closely with biology faculty to develop iThink Biology as an educational resource for undergraduate biology students. Specifically the candidate will:
- Edit existing content ofiThink Biology, and contribute to new content.
- Develop a creative strategy for an outreach programme for iThink Biology. This includes social media campaigns, organising events and capacity building for college teachers.
- Co-develop teaching guides for iThink Biology
- Curate proposals for new content for iThink Biology
- Plan and coordinate country-wide instructor workshops for faculty on capacity-based approaches to teaching. In certain cases the position will also require running the workshops.
- Plan and facilitate workshops for undergraduate students using capacities-based educational material
- Elicit feedback from users of iThink biology
The pay scale will match the candidate’s qualifications.
Candidates with a PhD in any field of biology, or a Master’s degree in any field of Biology with 2 – 3 years of experience in the education field are preferred.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be willing to travel within the country
- Be willing to learn on the job and explore unconventional methods of teaching and learning
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter that outlines the specific interest in this position along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June, 2022 with a subject “Education Research Fellow”.