The primary role of an Academic Associate (AA) will be to assist faculty in developing and running labs. The undergraduate programme is fully residential. The AA will serve as an additional resource person that students can contact for any queries, regarding specific lab /field course requirements and procedures. At any given point, multiple courses may be running at the same time and the AA is expected to assist the instructor/lab manager to coordinate these events. A detail of the expected job responsibilities is given below.
- Assist faculty members in preparing and running labs for different courses
- Assist students during the labs
- The AA is encouraged to participate in designing the labs
- Mentor students for course projects
- Since the pedagogical style and content of the courses may be unique, we require AA to sit in on the courses that they are providing technical help with
This position allows the AA to explore innovative pedagogical practices, engage with a socio-economically diverse student cohort, and is suited for someone who is interested in working or pursuing higher studies in the future. Candidates who are motivated and interested in teaching and/or research are encouraged to apply.