Coordinator: Bangalore Sustainability Forum
The Bangalore Sustainability Forum is an inter-institutional collaborative initiative to address issues relating to long-term sustainability of urban and periurban landscapes, focusing on public goods, including water, air and soil, amongst others. The primary objective of the forum, which comprises both academic institutions and practitioners, is to provide a platform that integrates various perspectives, approaches and areas of expertise to examine issues of long-term urban sustainability.
We are currently looking for a Coordinator for the activities of the forum. The coordinator will be based in Bangalore and will be responsible for
- liaising with people from different member institutions to organize workshops and public conferences on issues relating to urban sustainability,
- communicating key messages to policy makers and the general public through news stories, social media and other outlets,
- developing and maintaining content for a website and ensuring that it is up to date.
The successful candidate will have strong inter-personal skills, organizational and multi-tasking abilities, project management skills, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Remuneration will be in accordance with qualifications and experience
- Graduate degree /diploma in Communications / Media / Public Relations or a related field.
- Previous experience with project management and/or conference and workshop organization
- Knowledge of and experience with communication and dissemination techniques including print and social media
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, manage time and meet deadlines
- Interest in science, ecology, development and environmental policy
Interested candidates should send their CVs, a written statement describing their professional goals and interests, and the names and contact information of three referees to email@example.com. We will start reviewing applications on Sept 30th and continue until a suitable candidate is found.
For more details click here.