The programme targets Indian students pursuing a degree in the fields of science and engineering who wish to do a research internship at a publicly-funded German higher education institution or a research institute.
A research internship at a public or state-funded higher education institution or a non-university research institute in Germany to work under doctoral students, scientists or professors as a part of their ongoing research projects.
- The applicant must search independently for a German professor/guide, under whose supervision s/he could carry out her/his research. In the case of several offers, the applicant must select one internship.
- Internships at private universities, research institutes or companies are not eligible.
- Applicants must be of Indian nationality.
- The applicant should be in possession of a valid passport by 1st December. The name on the application form must be identical with the one in the passport.
- Selected candidates are not allowed to draw funding from other German scholarship-awarding organisations or from other German public authorities simultaneously with a DAAD scholarship.