The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, and TWAS have established a fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in biotechnology.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Be a maximum age of 45 years within the year of application (31 December)
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India/https://twas.org/66-countries
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country
- Be regularly employed in a developing country and hold a research assignment there.
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India (see sample Acceptance Letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form). N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to DBT.
- Provide a research proposal outline based on the format of the sample that can be downloaded below.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.