The Company of Biologists’ journals – Development, Journal of Cell Science, Journal of Experimental Biology andDisease Models & Mechanisms – offer Travelling Fellowships of up to £2,500 or currency equivalent to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers wishing to make collaborative visits to other laboratories. These are designed to offset the cost of travel and other expenses. There is no restriction on nationality.
Conditions of the Travelling Fellowship
- If your application is successful, you will be required to sign our Travelling Fellowship Agreement.
- You may only apply to one journal. Please ensure that the chosen journal is the most relevant to your field of study.
- You must email email@example.com to confirm that you have received your payment.
- If for any reason you do not carry out your collaborative visit or it is delayed beyond six months of the award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also arrange for the Travelling Fellowship funds to be returned, in full.
- Any unspent funds must be returned within one month of the end of the visit.
- You must provide a 250 – 500 word summary of the results obtained from your visit, within three months, for publication on our website.
- You must keep all of the receipts related to your visit and send to the Charity Administrator within one month of completion of your visit. Email them to email@example.com, or send originals to Charity Administrator, The Company of Biologists, Bidder Building, Station Road, Histon, Cambridge, CB24 9LF, UK.