EMBO and the DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance (referred to as ‘India Alliance’) jointly fund up to six lecture courses per year in India. The aim of a lecture course is to teach participants, primarily PhD students and postdoctoral researchers. The course should provide participants with background and underlying concepts, thereby making the topic accessible to scientists with diverse scientific background.
An India | EMBO Lecture Course should consist of:
- Scientific lectures by experts: preferably the speakers give a more general overview lecture as well as a more specific research lecture
- Poster sessions and student presentations
- Additional sessions covering e.g.:
- Technologies relevant to the research
- Journal clubs
- Reviewing of manuscripts
- Career options
- Responsible conduct of research
- Information on where, when and how to apply for post-doc positions and fellowships
India | EMBO Lecture Courses may also include practical training.
Organizers are encouraged to consider covering scientific writing, job applications, presentation skills or grant application writing. If additional trainers need to be hired, EMBO and India Alliance funds can be used. Please specify your request in the application.
Attendance of these events should not exceed 120 participants and the ratio of speakers to participants should be around 1:5. India | EMBO Lecture Courses have to take place in India and last between three and ten days to provide sufficient time for discussion groups, poster sessions and journal clubs.