Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2018
Indian National Science Academy
Indian Academy of Sciences
The National Academy of Sciences India
The three national Science Academies offer several two-month Summer Fellowships to enable students/teachers (studying/teaching in India) to work with scientists associated with the three Academies during 2018. A copy of the application format, instructions to applicants including eligibility criteria, and a list of names of scientists/faculty who have consented to guide students/teachers to work on short-term projects is displayed in the online application.
Applications are invited from interested students and teachers from all universities and colleges affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MCI/Accredited Institutions of State Universities for these Fellowships. The application should include: (a) the application form in the prescribed format; (b) scanned copies of marks sheets from class X till the last examination; (c) a write-up (in about 150 – 250 words) as to what the applicant wants to learn and achieve. Student applicants should provide the email id of one of their teachers or HoD familiar with their work. The Academy will approach them for a recommendation letter in the prescribed format. The selected candidate should work with the assigned guide for two months any time during the calendar year, preferably during the summer.
The last date for receipt of online applications is 30 November 2017.
Information of selection along with concurrence of the guide will be despatched around February – March 2018. The selected students/teachers will be provided appropriate round trip train fare and a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the place of work.
Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
- BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II and III years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA / BArch (II and III years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA / MArch (I year only)
- (5‑year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- PharmD (III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/,III,IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
- MSc Tech (I, II years only)
Teachers: Teachers must be teaching in a College/University.
- The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above for students.The minimum Percentage of average marks does not apply for teachers.
- Students doing PhD are not eligible.
- Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
Applications should be submitted by logging onto one of our websites [www.ias.ac.in; http://www.insaindia.res.in and www.nasi.res.in]. The registration number assigned soon after the online submission must be quoted in all future correspondence.
For more information click here.