The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, had launched a new grant opportunity in 2020 – 21, the M K BHAN – YOUNG RESEARCHER FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME (MKB-YRFP), with an aim to encourage young bright researchers to continue their research in the country after Ph.D. The scheme is to offer an independent research grant to young Post-Doctoral Fellows, so as to enable them to emerge as future leaders and take up cutting edge research focused on issues of national relevance. This fellowship will be awarded for Research work to be carried out at DBT-Autonomous Institutes only.
- Applicant should not be holding a permanent position in any institute/university.
- The applicant should have an excellent track record as evident by peer reviewed publications, technologies developed, patent (if any). Those who have submitted their Ph.D. are also eligible to apply; however, fellowship can be implemented only after award of the degree. Applicant should not take-up fellowship at the Institute where he/she has done his/her Ph.D.
- Each applicant must identify a host institute and a mentor.
- The upper age limit will be 35 years as on the closing date of the submission of the application.
- Applicants cannot have more than one fellowship at a given point of time
- The application has to be endorsed by the mentor and the head of the host institute (DBT Autonomous Institute) chosen by the applicant to take up the fellowship in the prescribed format.
- In case a fellow is accepted a regular position in the DBT autonomous institute, salary component of the fellowship will be discontinued from the date of joining the position, however, other components of fellowship will be continued for the remaining tenure of the fellowship.
- The fellowship is co-terminus with the project duration