The Har-Gobind Khorana ‘Innovative Young Biotechnologist Fellowship’ (IYBF), instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India is an attractive Research Fellowship to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists with innovative ideas and desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology. Young scientists up to the age of 35 years with relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category are considered for this fellowship. Scientists only with regular employment are eligible for this fellowship. The fellowship consists of Research Grant for a proposed innovative project and a cash
Fellowship of Rs.1,30,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Thirty thousand Only) every year for a period of three years.
- The applicant should be an Indian Citizen and must have a regular position in India.
- Age limit: Not more than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped category.
- The applicant should have an excellent academic career and a track record of high impact peer reviewed publications or invented technologies as evident by granted Indian and/or International patents.
- Applicant should be completed 3 years in India after joining of regular position in India and published the high quality papers in the best journals. The published work after joining in Indian institutions will be considered only for the screening and selection for award of the fellowship.
- The proposed project has to be carried out in any recognized research institution/university in India having adequate facilities. The application has to be forwarded by the head or duly designated competent authority of the host Institution or University