Guidelines for application:
- Maximum funding is set at £400 within the home country and at £600 for meetings overseas.
- The amount given depends on demand and may provide only a portion of the requested funding.
- Applicants who are presenting talks or displaying posters may be looked on more favourably than those who are not.
- DMM does not fund applications made retrospectively, so please submit your application in good time.
- DMM reserves the right to reject applications to attend conferences or workshops that it considers to be possibly ‘predatory’ in design.
- The date of travel must occur within six months of funding being awarded.
- Applicants should not have received other funding from The Company of Biologists in the past 12 months.
- Funding of multiple applications from the same lab or department will be limited.
Deadline dates for applications:
28 February 2017 (for travel after 10 April 2017)
31 May 2017 (for travel after 10 July 2017)
31 August 2017 (for travel after 16 October 2017)
30 November 2017 (for travel after 12 January 2018)
Please submit your application in plenty of time as it can take up to six weeks after the deadline date to reach a decision .
Application form can be found here — application form.
Guidelines for completing the application form:
- The application form and all supporting documents must be completed in English.
- If possible, please put your application and documents into one single PDF file.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the criteria required for a Travel Grant.
- Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Expenses include travel, subsistence, accommodation, and visa fees. Travel insurance costs are not to be included in the expenses.
Please attach the following documents to your application (note: all letters of support must be in English, on headed paper and signed).
- For PhD students and post-doctoral researchers: a supporting letter from your supervisor confirming your status.
- For independent group leaders and PIs: a supporting letter from your Head of Department confirming that no independent funding is available to attend meetings and courses.
- A short justification for your proposal outlining why you should be awarded the grant.
- A copy of any abstract submitted to the meeting or conference for which funding is requested.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before completing and submitting your application.