Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum — from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
The Technology Center department occupies a special position within Siemens Healthineers. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities across the globe, Technology Center helps secure the company’s technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
The In-vitro Diagnostics and Bioscience Research Group of Siemens Healthineers Technology Center in Bangalore, India is looking to recruit candidate who has a keen interest and passion to do interdisciplinary research and development in the areas of computational modeling and biology. This person will be involved in hands-on development of computational methods for modeling biological phenomenon. The ideal candidate would combine knowledge of biostatistics and bioinformatics with a passion for development of computational models and decision support tools to understand biological and clinical data.
What are my responsibilities?
- Identify, develop and implement bioinformatics and biostatistical methods for a better understanding of clinical conditions, diseases and it’s individualized diagnosis and therapy
- Conceive, implement and verify statistical models for analyzing multi-variate data coming from a variety of diagnostic modalities (computational imaging, in-vitro diagnostics). Work with wet-lab researchers to translate these models into verifiable experiments. Analyze data from experiments
- In the context of specific diseases, analyze data from the fields of genomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics and other ‑omics modalities and use this data to create appropriate disease model
- Integrate computational or statistical models into workflows, databases and decision support systems
- Keep updated with the latest research in area of technical expertise and specific disease diagnostics
Click here for more information.