Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an institution of national importance established through an Act of Indian parliament by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India under the auspices of UNESCO. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology. To this end, the Centre is offering the master's and doctoral degree programs in biotechnology, while other degree/diploma programs in niche areas of biotechnology are under development.
The Centre invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, and result-oriented scientists with flair for teaching, to fill up the following academic positions on direct recruitment / deputation or contract basis. The candidate should preferably have demonstrated research experience, and interest to pursue research and teaching in any of the following areas:
(1) Synthetic Biology & Metabolic Engineering,
(2) Fermentation, Scale-up & Downstream Processing,
(3) Biocatalysis & Enzyme Engineering,
(4) Metagenomics & Microbiome,
(5)Antibody Engineering for Therapeutic Applications,
(6) Cancer Biology & Therapy,
(7) Infectious Disease Biology for Developing Prophylactics and Therapeutics,
(8) Plant Biotechnology for Crop Improvements, and
(9) Big Data Analytics, Computational Biology & Bioinformatics. RCB will provide the selected candidates a shared laboratory space with adequate start-up support for setting up the lab. However, the faculty is required to raise the extra mural grants to support their research activities and build the research program. The faculty is also required to participate in the management of the Centre with responsibilities assigned by the competent authority as per the requirements. Interested candidates should submit their applications in the prescribed online format available on http://www.rcb.res.in/, or http://www.rcb.ac.in/.
There is no last date and the application can be made throughout the year till the positions are filled up.