Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an institution of national importance established through an Act of Indian parliament by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India under the auspices of UNESCO. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology. To this end, the Centre is offering the master’s and doctoral degree programs in biotechnology, while other degree/diploma programs in niche areas of biotechnology are under development.
The Centre invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, and result-oriented scientists with flair for teaching, to fill up the following academic positions on direct recruitment / deputation or contract basis. The candidate should preferably have demonstrated research experience, and interest to pursue research and teaching in any of the following areas:
(1) Synthetic Biology & Metabolic Engineering,
(2) Fermentation, Scale-up & Downstream Processing,
(3) Biocatalysis & Enzyme Engineering,
(4) Metagenomics & Microbiome,
(5)Antibody Engineering for Therapeutic Applications,
(6) Cancer Biology & Therapy,
(7) Infectious Disease Biology for Developing Prophylactics and Therapeutics,
(8) Plant Biotechnology for Crop Improvements, and
(9) Big Data Analytics, Computational Biology & Bioinformatics. RCB will provide the selected candidates a shared laboratory space with adequate start-up support for setting up the lab. However, the faculty is required to raise the extra mural grants to support their research activities and build the research program. The faculty is also required to participate in the management of the Centre with responsibilities assigned by the competent authority as per the requirements. Interested candidates should submit their applications in the prescribed online format available on http://www.rcb.res.in/, or http://www.rcb.ac.in/.
There is no last date and the application can be made throughout the year till the positions are filled up.
PB‑4 (Rs. 37400 – 67000) AGP Rs. 10500
A PhD in Life Science / allied discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in teaching and research with evidence of attracting extramural grants.
For Direct Recruitment:
a. A minimum of 10 years of teaching / research experience.
b. An outstanding professional, with an established reputation in the field related to biotechnology and contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated
Officers from the central / state government or institutes of national importance or universities / university level institution / research institutions or PSU
a) holding analogous post, or 5‑years’ experience in the lower scale of the grade pay Rs. 9000⁄8900 of the Sixth Central Pay Commission.
b) possessing educational qualification as prescribed for the post.
1. Shown above are the total number of available positions. The number of positions filled shall be based on the availability of suitable candidates, and the requirement and ability of the Centre to support their laboratory set up.
2. The age limit, qualifications, experience and other requirements may be relaxed at the discretion of the competent authority, in case of candidates otherwise well qualified and suited to the requirements.
3. All educational, professional and technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board / University.
4. The experience requirement specified for each post should be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
5. There will be a probation period of two years which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent
6. The pay and allowances etc. are presently admissible as per the recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission of the Govt. of India, and these are under revision as per the 7th Pay Commission. Other benefits include NPS, Medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. as per the rules of the Centre.
7. On-campus residential facility for the faculty is available for allotment on a seniority basis.
8. Persons working in Govt. or Public Sector Undertaking should apply through proper channel or produce the ‘No- Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview.
9. Outstation SC/ST candidates called for interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare for travel within India, as per the GOI rules on production of the proof of the same. Candidates applying for deputation /permanent absorption must invariably get their application forwarded through proper channel.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
11. Mere fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for interview. Only the candidates short-listed by a duly constituted Screening Committee will be called for interview. In case a large number of applications are received for each post, the Screening Committee may limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher qualification or alternatively may arrange a written screening test for short-listing the candidates. Screening Committee reserves the right to call for additional documents from the applicants or invite comments from expert referees to decide upon suitability of the applicant to be considered further in the selection process. The decision of the Centre in this regard will be final and no interim inquiries in this regard will be entertained.
For more information click here.