Applications are invited for the position of Academic Coordinator for NCF’s PhD program and capacity-building efforts in conservation leadership. This position will be equivalent to that of a Scientist or Senior Scientist in NCF, depending on the experience and qualification of the candidate. Science plays a fundamental role in NCF’s conservation work. Our PhD program forms a cornerstone of our scientific work. We also aim to develop capabilities of our core field staff with similar learning opportunities. The Academic Coordinator is expected to play a leadership role both for our existing PhD program, for the development of our conservation staff, and for capacity-building of conservation leaders. This position will entail administrative and co-ordination tasks, as well as a role in fund-raising, mentoring, and ensuring skill-development for the students/conservation staff.
The specific roles and responsibilities for this position are:
- Plan and develop the PhD and training coursework, co-ordinate with resource people and faculty, and develop reporting schedules for all aspects of the training
- Develop a fully integrated strategy for the PhD programme within the first 6 months
- Complete required reports to Manipal University and to donors as required
- Work closely with NCF’s Academic and Student Affairs Committee on all matters related to PhD students’ coursework and progress
- Organize periodic skill-development courses and workshops for registered PhD students and conservation staff (such as on study design, data analysis, language skills, manuscript writing, fund-raising)
Remuneration will be as per the experience and qualification of the candidate.
Send a letter of application indicating reasons for interest in this position, a CV including a list of recent publications, conference presentations, course coordination or training and mentoring experience, four names and the contact details of academics/conservationists who have supervised or worked with the applicant.
Application should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until 30th May 2019. Decisions will be communicated within 2 months from the closing date. However, the position will be kept open until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information click here.