The Bangalore Life Science Cluster is an innovative institutional model for cutting-edge scientific research and technology development in India. The Cluster comprises three leading entities, namely:
It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Bangalore Life Science Cluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster now invites suitable applications for the position of Development Officer.
The Development Officer will head the Development vertical of the Research Development Office (RDO), and in doing so, help create and manage a portfolio of corporate grants and charitable donations to the Cluster. The activities of the Development Officer are expected to broaden in scale to sustain charitable donations to the campus.
Key duties of the Development Officer will include:
- Working with campus colleagues to identify institutional priorities requiring charitable funding
- Working with campus colleagues to develop strategies for identifying donors for the Cluster
- Identifying potential charitable donors for the campus
- Cultivating and sustaining professional relationships with prospective donors and organizations
- Helping to design fund raising pitches to a range of charitable donors
- Relationship management with donors
- Coordinating specific fund raising campaigns for the Cluster
- Contributing to communications and publicity events relating to donors
- Facilitating the award of grants from corporate sources
- Creating and managing a dedicated webpage for fundraising activities
- Managing grants and donations to the Cluster
- Contributing to other tasks/projects within the team of Development Office, as needed