Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in the Department of Biological Sciences
Applications are invited from the motivated and potential candidates for postdoctoral positions available in the Department of Biological Sciences (DBS), IISER Kolkata.
The following criteria need to be fulfilled (apart from the essential criteria mentioned in the main part of the advertisement) to apply for a postdoctoral position in DBS.
- A candidate must have secured at least 55% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in MSc (or equivalent exam) and at least one first authorship peer reviewed paper (related to her/his PhD work) published or accepted in a reputed journal.
- Application should accompany (other than the detailed CV and copies of all certificates as mentioned in the main part of the advertisement) and fulfil other essential criteria mentioned in the main part of the advertisement.
- a short research proposal (not exceeding 3 pages) on the project of interest.
- two recommendation letters (to be send by the referees directly to email@example.com )
A candidate may opt for up to three projects (details are given below) according to their preference. Short-listed candidates will have to present her/his Ph.D. work and appear for interview
Final selection will be based on presentation (open seminar) by the short-listed candidate and performance of the candidates during the selection interview
How to apply:
- Cover letter mentioning the order of preference of the projects (up to three).
- Detailed CV.
- Short research proposal (one for each of preferred projects).
- Copies of all essential documents (as mentioned in the main part of the advertisement).
- At least two recommendation letters (to be send by the referees to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the candidate in the subject).
- A candidate MUST mention the code of the most preferred project in the subject of the email.
Last date of receiving applications (via e‑mail to email@example.com ): 20.03.2022. Candidate MUST mention their preferred projects/mentors in the mail
For more details click here