CCS is looking for a full-time Lead, S & T Policy to join its newest venture S & T Policy @CCS at an exciting time of organisational growth and development. S/he will lead a small and dedicated team to provide necessary vision, leadership, and skills and will work towards liberalising the scientific ecosystem, encompassing both public and private sectors. S/he will be responsible for ensuring seamless engagement of S & T Policy @CCS with a larger S & T mothership organisation, for which CCS will anchor the policy piece, resulting in a synergistic output.
- Analyse relevant policies in the science ecosystem and conceptualise policy briefs to raise the level of debate and awareness amongst government, industry, academia etc.
- Bring efficiency in scientific R&D financing.
- Drive policy initiatives towards dismantling regulatory barriers to innovation and science entrepreneurship in India.
- Conceptualize and lead partnerships strategy and programs, in line with the overall strategy.
- Anchor strategic planning and outreach initiatives, including sustainability planning and decisions for future expansion.
- Undertake programmatic interventions with science institutions in the ecosystem and consolidate best practices for change.
- Develop and manage relationships with key senior public officials, influencers and decision makers at the central and state levels.
- Track key policy developments and trends at national and state level.
- Act as the catalyst for adapting innovative policy ideas and practices from the national level (or from other states) on to the field.
- Represent CCS science policy work in national and state forums and media.
- Be CCS spokesperson for governmental engagements and provide project management support to government officials for implementing key strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the implementation of annual plans of the team including planning and monitoring launch events, report drafting and roundtables.
- Support the strengthening of internal capacity to serve as a strategic, analytical knowledge partner to the government and partner organisation/s.
- Play the role of a senior leadership talent at CCS, supporting the organisational goals in sync with others.