CRISP is looking for a highly entrepreneurial Founding CEO to join the team in an exciting time of organisational growth and development. The Founding CEO will play a key role in placing India at the forefront of global innovation through the creation of science and technology research and its translation into social and commercial applications. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial institution builder with high intellectual vitality and a deep passion for promoting science and technology in India.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for an exceptional leader who is driven to transform the S&T ecosystem in the country.
The Founding CEO is expected to set up CRISP as a unique social sector organization, creating an institution that consistently delivers the necessary impact towards achieving its long term vision.
- Develop strategy and boot-strap its operating capabilities — articulate a business plan, design the organizational structure, hire and build a strong leadership team, allocate resources, and secure long term funding.
- Undertake programs and projects with institutions in the ecosystem, private sector, and consolidate best practice for change.
- Establish CRISP as a thought leader by building a robust network of partners, collaborators and supporters.
- Raise the level of debate and awareness amongst government, industry, academia and students about the essential role of STEM research in economic development, and how it is best fostered.
- Frame policies that help bring efficiency in scientific R&D financing and dismantling regulatory barriers to innovation and science entrepreneurship in India.
- Develop a credible voice of science in the country, and make India Science Fest as the leading science event in India and the world.
- Manage and optimize the organization’s finances and allocate resources appropriately.