On behalf of the Department for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy, UK and the Ministry of Science and Technology, India, British Council- India, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) India are pleased to invite applications for funding to support short-term PhD placements between UK and Indian institutions.
It is the fourth consecutive year Newton Fund India in partnership with DST and DBT is offering opportunity for the UK and Indian PhD scholars to spend a period of their study (2 to 4 months) in Indian and UK higher education institutions taking place between March to December 2018.
The programme is envisaged to:
- Develop individual capacity through international training and development opportunities
- Increase the number of highly trained researchers in the UK and India with international experience, able to contribute to the absorptive capacity for research and innovation and thus bring about economic and social benefits
- Build cultural understanding, and foster long-term sustainable research collaborations
- Develop international joint training pathways
- Increase awareness of the research strengths of the UK and India