International Travel by Non-ICMR Scientists
Indian Council of Medical Research
The Scheme provides financial assistance for presenting research paper or chairing a session as also delivering a lecture / delivering a keynote address in an international scientific event (Conference/Seminar/Symposia/Workshops) to Non-ICMRBio-medical Scientists.
In addition, support is also provided to young scientists (age limit 35 years as on date of Conference), nurses and paramedical staff for attending training programmes and short- term schools/workshops/courses on the basis of the priority areas already defined.
- The applicant should be a Biomedical scientist engaged in R&D work. Senior scientists (above 35 years of age) working in academic institutions and research laboratories are eligible to apply only to international scientific events (Conference/Seminar/Symposium/Workshop) which are not sponsored by International Council of Scientific Unions (ICSU). Young scientists (age limit 35 years as on date of conference) are, however, considered for support even for ICSU sponsored events.
- The applicant has an accepted paper for presentation or an invitation to Chair a Session with a lecture or as a Keynote Speaker.
- The theme of the Conference/Seminar/Symposium/Workshop should be related to the thrust areas/activities of ICMR. (Application to merely attend annual meetings of professional Societies will not be considered).
- The applicant should have published research papers in indexed journals
- The applicant should not have availed of financial assistance from ICMR in the last three financial years.
- The application should be forwarded through proper channel and must reach ICMR two months prior to the date of the Conference/Seminar/Symposium/Workshop. Letter of acceptance, sanction received late, also must be submitted at least three weeks before the event.
- Special waiver may be given to those applicants, who are Chairpersons, Keynote Speakers if their applications are submitted within one week of receiving the invitation for the programme. For young scientists also waiver could be considered in case of specific awards of registration, accommodation and any other outstanding category and application should be submitted within one week after receipt of the notification (Necessary documentary proofs to be attached). In both cases applications must be received at least two weeks before the Conference/Symposium, etc.Also, if any request is received from the MOH&FW, it should reach the ICMR at least two weeks before the Conference with the recommendations giving full justifications.
- NOTE: Canvassing will disqualify the applicant for the ICMR Travel Grant
The following documents must be attached with the application.
- One copy of the completed application in the prescribed format and biodata of the applicant.
- A copy of letter from other national/international agency committing to bear partial cost of travel (the document must be flagged).
- Letter of Invitation from organizers.
- Detailed announcement of the Conference (photocopy of the announcement to be attached).
- Letter of acceptance of Paper for presentation and/or invitation from organizers to Chair a Session/participate as a Keynote Speaker.
- Abstract of the Paper to be presented by the applicant at the Conference.
- A Certificate from Air India including the cost (‘) of return air fare by Economy/Excursion class by the shortest route.The application completed in all respects together with enclosures may be addressed to:
The Director General,
Attention: Dr. N.C. Jain,
Scientist‑G & Head,
Division of Human Resource Planning & Development (HRD),
Indian Council of Medical Research,
V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110 029.