14th Call for Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG), funded by DBT-BIRAC, Govt. of India is now OPEN till 16th February 2019 5 PM.
The grant is intended to stimulate commercialization of research discoveries/innovative ideas that may be in the nascent stage by providing early stage grants to help bridge the gap between the discovery & invention.
BIG Scheme supports Biotech Innovators and Entrepreneurs to establish Proof-of Concept for innovative and impactful ideas with a grant-in-aid of up to ₹ 50 Lakhs for 18 months.
Who can apply?
- Academicians, Clinicians, Scientists, Researchers, PhDs, Graduates and Postgraduates in areas such as Biomedical, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, etc.
- Biotech start-ups/companies incorporated on/after 1st Jan 2014.
Any innovative ideas related to the following with a potential for commercialization would be supported.
- Device & Diagnostics
- Drugs & Vaccines
- Drug Formulations & Delivery Systems
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Clean Energy
- Waste Management & Sanitation
- Veterinary/Dairy/Animal Biotechnology
- Internet of Things
- BIG Data Analytics.