IBAB is organising a hands-on workshop on Basics of Next Generation Sequencing from the 24th to 28th September 2018. The course is aimed at imparting basic molecular biology and computational techniques employed in Next Generation Sequencing.
- DNA/RNA isolation from cells and body fluids
- Basic Library preparation techniques for Next Generation Sequencing
- Computational tools for Genomics and Next Generation Sequencing
- Basics of Linux Operating System
- ‘R’ programming for Genomic Data Analysis
The workshop will comprise didactic and research talks by eminent faculty in the area of genomics.
This course is aimed at students pursuing B.Sc./ B.Tech./ M.Sc./M.Tech. in Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Microbiology/Biosciences/Bioinformatics who wish to employ genomic approaches in their work. Teachers from undergraduate and postgraduate teaching institutions and research institutes across the state of Karnataka are also encouraged to apply to the workshop
Interested participants may apply to Dr. Sreekanth Reddy at email@example.com with their resume and a one paragraph write-up on how this workshop will be useful to their research.
For more information click here.