SCIENCE THROUGH A FILMMAKER’S LENS
The Dancing Neuron brings to you an interesting panel discussion where we bring together science professionals and filmmakers to discuss the scope and impact of filmmaking in science.
- Are you someone who cannot tolerate scientific inaccuracies in a Sci-fi movie?
- Do you like to see real, powerful stories in science on the big screen?
- Are you a researcher who wants to hold their camera and capture the beautiful world of science?
- Or are you someone who wonders how science can be communicated effectively?
If the answer to any one of these questions is YES, the this is the event for you!
Date of the event : Sunday 13th March, 2022
Time : 11am IST/ 12:30 am EST
Platform: Virtual (Zoom)
Also live on YouTube from 11AM IST onwards.
We have an esteemed guest of panelists joining for the even,
- Dr. Sarah Iqbal, Science-trained Communications and Public Engagement consultant.
- Dr. Alex Dainis, Popular Youtuber and owner of Helicase Media.
- Dr. T.V. Venkateswaran, Scientist and Division Head: Science Communication Training at Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Mr. Vivek Kannadi, Senior Technical Officer, Science Media Center, IISER, Pune
Also, joining the panel is a special guest Mr. Rohan Ranganathan, Writer, Director, Cinematographer, Design Consultant at Answer Genomics and associate director of feature length documentary ‘All that breathes’, winner of prestigious Jury prize at the Sundance film festival 2022.