This 3 day online workshop is organized by CREATES, IISER Bhopal under the Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) Scheme, MHRD.
1. Identifying personal approach to teaching and learning.
2. Evolving role of teachers in the digital era.
3. Model of learning and development of college students.
4. Evidence based teaching and learning strategies.
1. Eligibility — This 3 day online workshop is open for all higher education faculty members irrespective of their affiliation or position. Research Scholars and Post-Doctoral Fellows aspiring for academic careers are also welcome to enroll. However, there will be a limited number of seats available, so signing up early is recommended.
2. Outcomes – This workshop is part of a series of workshops organized by CREATES, IISER Bhopal under the PMMMNMTT Scheme, MHRD. The primary objective of these workshops is to empower faculty members and provide professional development in various technical content areas, pedagogy and educational technology.
This particular 3 day online workshop will provide an opportunity for faculty members to critically examine and reflect upon their roles and responsibilities in the digital era. Participants will gain an awareness of research based model of learning and development of students. Participants will also be exposed to evidence based teaching and learning strategies that can be customized in their own context for the benefit of students. This workshop will also provide a common platform to participants to share their own experiences and best practices in teaching and learning.
3. Format – This workshop will use a combination of digital mechanisms including online video lectures, interactive discussion forums, and other e‑learning materials. Various technology platforms will be used to conduct the online sessions, such as Examineer, etc. The detailed procedure for joining the workshop will be made available to the registered participants.
4. Required: Participants are required to have access to laptop/desktop with robust internet connectivity. Headphone and microphone will also be required for online interactions.
5. Assessment and Evaluation – Participants need to commit at least 6 hours per day during the 3 day workshop. Participants are expected to actively participate in all the sessions, and will have quiz, reading and writing assignments that have to be completed within the stipulated timings.
6. Workshop Certificate – It is mandatory for participants to attend all workshop sessions. It is also expected that participants will actively participate and complete all workshop activities, assignments, exercises, etc. Upon satisfactory performance, eligible participants will receive the e‑certificate after 3 weeks of the completion of the workshop. Kindly note that all programs under PMMMNMTT Scheme, MHRD, are valid for promotion under CAS as per the UGC notification dated 18th July, 2018.