GADVASU in collaboration with IIT Roorkee and DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance (India Alliance) brings to you Continue Biotechnology Education Lecture Series.
The lecture series will bring to you a diverse range of topics in biotechnology. The first lecture focuses on ‘Genetically Engineered Vaccines’, that holds a great promise for the future, but the potential of these vaccines to improve human and animal health has yet to be fully realized. Recent advances in vaccine technology stemming from the application of genetic engineering are now providing an opportunity to target new diseases. The expert lecturer – Dr Sachin Kumar, of Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati will provide comprehensive knowledge and expertise which will include the vaccine strategies being adopted to concur ongoing pandemic COVID-19.
The lecture will be followed by a session on ‘Funding Opportunities at India Alliance’ which will introduce the participants to the various grants and fellowships offered by India Alliance.
- Welcome Address by Dr Yashpal Singh Malik, Dean, GADVASU 9:00 AM – 9:05 AM
- Welcome Address by Dr Vasan Sambandamurthy, India Alliance 9:05 AM – 9:10 AM
- Inaugural Address by Dr Inderjeet Singh, Vice Chancellor, GADVASU 9:10 AM — 9:15AM
- Genetically Engineered Vaccines: Modern Era of Vaccines 9:15 AM – 10:15 AM
- Q&A 10:15 AM – 10:30 AM
- Screen Break 10:30 AM – 10:35 AM
- Funding Opportunities at India Alliance 10:35 AM – 11:05 AM
- Q&A 11:05 AM – 11:20 AM
- Closing Remarks 11:20 AM – 11.30 AM