WWF India, one of the country’s largest conservation organizations is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic young Education Officer-Ek Prithvi at its Maharashtra State office. Our Environmental Education programmes are aimed at raising public awareness on conservation issues. Increasingly, programmes are aimed at building green capacity in educational institutions with teachers, youth and school children; the aim is to generate a cadre of conservation-conscious and motivated citizens who may play role in promoting environmentally sustainable life-styles.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Engage youth, teachers, and the public in developing environmental awareness.
- Conduct environmentally based lessons in both classroom and field settings.
- Coordinate environmental training for teachers and the public.
- Deliver seminars and presentations to businesses and technical personnel on a variety of environmental topics, for example climate change, watershed protection, or recycling and composting.
- Build partnerships and networks and facilitate discussions between stakeholders of differing interests in order to reach workable management decisions.
- Develop and implement communication plans and programs along with monitoring and evaluating the impact.
- Manage budgets and prepare grant proposals.