Project Scientific Officer (D)
Applications are invited for the following posts tenable at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Hyderabad. Please visit our website for application details and prescribed requirements.
One Post ‑Temporary for one year and may be renewed each year upto a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement
Pay Band + Grade Pay (Rs) Rs.84500 /- Consolidated
TME Rs. 84500/- (Including HRA)
Ph.D degree in biological sciences
Minimum Two years’ of post-qualification practical experience in multi parameter flow cytometry and cell sorting.
Ability to analyze and interpret data and familiarity with routine FACS and imaging data analysis software.
Excellent communication, writing, planning and organizational skills.
i) Prior experience of managing a multi-user FACS and imaging facility.
ii) Ability to perform routine maintenance on the equipment with minimal help from company engineers.
- Manage the daily set up and calibration of all the FACS machines and microscopes.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on specific equipment, as needed.
- Impart training to new users.
- Implement hardware and software upgrades.
- Liaison with field engineers and technical support staff to achieve optimum performance and arrange periodic servicing and maintenance of all the equipment in the core facility.
- Advise users on experimental design, sample preparation and troubleshooting.
- Work together with TIFR investigators to ensure compliance with the Institutional Ethics Committee and Biosafety Committee guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and advancement of the central cytometry and imaging facility, as needed.
- Proactively assist in the implementation of novel cytometry and imaging protocols and their applications.
Click here for more information and to apply.